photo taken by Angela Speiker

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet Calvin!!

I can't believe my munchkin is 2 years old today! How fast time flies when you're having fun with a toddler. He has changed so much in the last 2 years. I still thank God daily for Leticia, Calvin's birthmother, for having the courage to carry him to term and make an adoption plan. We can't imagine our lives without our sweet little boy. To think that 2 years ago he was here, and we didn't even know that he'd be part of our lives yet!!

Calvin, you started out this little bitty stinker. You really didn't like to sleep much, but you were so cute, it helped make it a little easier. You have ALWAYS adored your big sister, from day one. The moment he was placed in our arms I was in love with my little boy. He can cuddle with you like nobody else. And while Emerald is more of a daddy's girl, I'd have to say that Calvin is my special boy, having his mommy stand up for him on more than one occasion. Calvin, you have learned to sleep, quite well I have to say, and have developed the vocabulary of a 7 year old! You are going to be a lawyer when you grow up, I'm convinced, with the way you can already debate with us (most especially at meal time). You are forever trying to do everything your big sister is capable of doing, and are almost successful in your attempts. You love your Bo-Bo monkey (the one Emerald gave you from day one), your music at bed time, Elmo, Dora and Diego, and your family. You are generous with your hugs, your kisses, and your "I love you mommy, daddy, Geee, soooooooooo much!". You are so sweet with the concept of your baby brother, even if you have spent so little time with him yet. We can't wait to watch you take on this new role soon. You love playing outside and are such a daredevil on the swing set. Your closest friends are Avery and Carson and Aubrey. That is to say, beyond Emerald and Laney girl. You can also throw quite the hissy fit if you don't get your way. It is so easy to tell when you are fake crying for us, you look around to see who's watching, and then turn that bottom lip out and cry like crazy. Your hurt cry is so sad, though, and always makes me want to run to your rescue. You like for your "owies" to be kissed and it always makes you feel better. You are also always easy to tell when you are sick, mostly b/c you get really quiet and don't talk. It is so sad for me to see you sick. Your learning new songs daily, and love to sing to us, especially Chocolate Moose, ABC song, and today, Happy Birthday. You are trying to master your alphabet (with Gee's help). You really are a boy, loving your trucks, cars, and playing/throwing the ball with us. However, you do have an older sister and we do occasionally find you with her princess high heels on, pushing the baby stroller, and wearing the princess crown carrying a purse. My sweet little boy, I love you so much! I feel bad that during your first birthday we were crazy busy moving in this house. Now, during your special time of year, we are also crazy busy. Life is super busy, and you are taking it like such a big boy!!

Happy birthday to my sweet Calvin! We love you more than you will ever know!

Technical note--I am trying to add an image and blogger is not cooperating. I hate to post this w/o a picture, just know that I tried and love you "muuuuuuuuuuch".

No comments: