photo taken by Angela Speiker

Monday, January 19, 2009

Growing, growing

Zach is up to 4 lb 12 oz and is 16 1/2" long!! He is a little growing man!! I just can't keep up with how fast he's gaining weight. He also gained some new "jewelry" yesterday. They finally put a safety bracelet on his ankle to make sure nobody "takes" him w/o permission. I love all the safety precauctions we have to take in our day and age. Poor little Zach has so much stuff attached to him right now.

More later, but I just wanted to say that I appreciate all the posititve comments I've gotten recently. Sorry, the other day was a rough day, and we will have those. It is hard having to split my time and it is SUPER tough having a baby in the NICU. Sorry for venting in public format, I just needed to get some stuff off my chest. We will keep praying for Zach to continue to get stronger and for his mommy to be reminded that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. He also gives us people in our lives to help us get through it all.

We celebrated a family birthday party for Calvin on Saturday night. Pics to come later. He loved his "cake, cake". Then, that night, Emerald was too grumpy to say prayers. Calvin chimed in all on his own, no prompting, "Pray Zach gets strong to come home." Oh he knows how to make the tears flow on this mommy. I have such incredible children!! I love you all 3!!

We spent yesterday celebrating my nephew Josiah's baby dedication at church. He looked so super handsome. I forgot my camera, seriously I just don't think anymore, but I'm sure you can check out Heidi and Jeff's blog to see him in a few days. We had a great day together. The kids love hanging out at "Feffy's house" which is now Josiah's house.

Pop Pop got to go up to the hospital with daddy last night to see Zach. Zach also took his entire feeding with a bottle once yesterday, and another half bottle a second time!! The nurse said he has a "great suck" which is good to hear.

Off to play with Em and Cal.

No comments: