photo taken by Angela Speiker

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Calvin's birthday



Mommy and Daddy love you Calvin!! Happy 2nd birthday big boy!



Calvin woke up wondering where the Christmas tree went?

"Helping" make the cake.





still "helping"

Grandma enjoyed her time with the kids!



There's my birthday boy!!


Calvin loves having his family with him.



Posing with the finished product.



Blowing out his candle. He thought he was a pretty big boy!


Pop-pop teaching Calvin bad habits.



Hamming it up.


Emerald loves playing dress-up. Gotta love the red socks with the outfit. Can I use this one in the future w/ boyfriends?



I feel like such a bad mommy. I don't want anyone to think that Zach is my only concern right now!! I really have been keeping up with the other 2, also. I just know that Zach's condition changes almost daily and that is why he's been getting the spotlight lately. I just wish I could divide myself into 2 equal mommies and be at home all the time for Em & Cal, and be at the hospital for Z. It doesn't work that way, does it? Em yet again asked, "who's watching me today, where am I going today?" They don't even bat an eye as I run out the door day after day heading to the hospital. It's all just routine to them. I guess that's good, easier than if they were crying when I left. I'm so excited and nervous to see how they will react when we don't run off anymore, and when we have another family member here to divide our attention. It will be fun to watch!


We celebrated Calvin's birthday here at the house, nothing fancy at all. He had 3 of his grandparents here, so that was fun for him, along with Heidi, Jeff, and Josiah. Lucky for me, he's still too little to understand that there was no "big" party thrown for him. He did get to "help" make the cake, and enjoyed licking all the icing off fingers. Emerald of course had to "help" as well, telling Calvin how to do it the entire time. My life has been full of "helpers" lately and I do want to recognize that w/o all of you, we wouldn't be surviving. Thanks so much!!

No comments: