photo taken by Angela Speiker

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Weekly update

A little update on our lives:

Emerald got a haircut, finally! Pictures to come.

I found out I do NOT have gestational diabetes, thank you God!! I don't think I could add anything more to my plate right now. I went in last week for my 28 week check, and the one hour test showed high numbers. So, I got to take a fasting test last week that lasted until about 11:00 am. It isn't nice to tell a pregnant woman not to eat until 11:30 in the morning! They poked me 4 times in that time period, and the doc (who again, called me himself, man he's awesome) said my numbers were below the level. As a bonus, the kids had a fun time with daddy!

We took our birthing class last weekend. It was enlightening and informative. It was great to be able to spend the day together, focused on the baby. Sad to say, but in the chaos of our world, we don't spend a lot of time focused on child #3. We enjoyed the hospital tour and are a little less nervous being a little informed going into this process. I have a lot of faith that my sweet husband will keep me sane when the time comes. My biggest worry/fear right now is not the delivery, but more the other 2 kids--during the actual time we are in the hospital, once we come home, juggling all three kids, if we have to have a C-section and I can't lift Calvin or drive Emerald to school, etc. I have total faith that I can parent this baby, but still continue to pray that he/she is healthy and that he/she is a good sleeper :)

It snowed quite a lot yesterday. It was maybe 3-4" in the end and was beautiful coming down. I took some video, but feel too lazy to dump it right now. The kids want to play in it so bad, but that is a lot of work for this tired mommy.

Skip is having a fabulous friends and family discount on 2 Garmin units right now. I don't know if any of you need a GPS, but he can get one more before Christmas. Contact us if you need more info.

Still trying to come up with names for our Lobster! Why does this have to be so hard?

We have a sonogram on Friday to make sure Lobster is growing well. I will keep you informed on how that turns out. Then we have an appt next Tuesday with Dr. Peck.

1 comment:

The Utendorf's said...

Yeah!!! I love all the good news. I feeling like thinking of boy names is way harder than girls. Good luck with the name game. And as always rest and take it easy!!!