photo taken by Angela Speiker

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

We have Santa mail!


Big sister telling Calv all about being good, or else Santa won't bring you presents!

Calvin all sorts of excited to get mail from Santa.

Emerald giving her typical face.

Sweet cards from Santa.

I sit, finally sit (ahhhhhh), and update the blog!! It is very hard following the orders of "rest", don't you know!! As I look outside I see about 3" or more of fresh falling snow on our back deck. It has been snowing a fine snow all thru the night and all day. Emerald woke up screaming at Calvin that "it's white, it's all white Calv". I love that she calls him Calv.

We got some awesome Christmas cards in the mail the other day from Santa!! He did such a good job praising the kids for being so wonderful. It is hard, when you are caught up in the day-to-day grind, to fully appreciate just how much these little munchkins are still learning and growing every single day. I love having the opportunity to reflect on an entire year and think out what they have done. Santa really reminded us just how lucky we are to have such great sibling interaction, intelligent, well-behaved (for the most part) and awesome little tykes running around our house.

I had a sonogram Friday and all looked great!! Everything checked out with the baby and the measurements actually were above "normal" which is just what we want to hear. The baby is supposed to be around 2 1/2 lb now and he/she weighs 2 lb 10 oz according to the docs measurements. Once again we got to hear the doc tell us that this baby is "an active one". What does that mean for us?? Yikes!! We already have 2 pretty active ones now :) This sonogram was pretty neat b/c the detail of the baby seemed better. I mean I could really see the details of the face, hands, and other body parts. When they were looking at Lobster's face, she/he covered it up with cute, tiny little hands, and then gave a great thumbs up sign!! I love it!! I have pics, but don't have a great way to scan them into the computer. Hopefully we can figure this out someday! I have decided that we will have an entire album full of just sonogram pics!! Oh I am so far behind in scrapping. We have another sonogram in 4 weeks and had our 30 week check today. All was great, and again, the measure of the belly showed a little above normal. I just think I've got a long baby in there--I mean look at daddy and I'm not all that short!! The heart beat was 156, which sounded so fast! We go back to the OB in 2 weeks. We will be back in his office day after tomorrow, though, for our first non-stress test (NST) (to be done twice a week). Don't tell anyone else, but I'm secretly looking forward to these quiet 30 minutes twice a week. Some people get pedicures, some people get spa days, I'll take NST's to get some quiet time in :) This is a secret, though, so don't tell anyone :) Of course in order to have this quiet time happen, I have to arrange for like 20 hours of someone else to watch the kids--not an easy task. So, all looks good with baby Lobster!! Thanks for all your love and support and prayers, keep them coming.

2 comments:

Panky's Place said...

You better watch out! The big sister advice is just precious, Pop-pop and I had a really good chuckle when we viewed this post. We have a blog worthy event, but it's too darned cold to take the pictures outside. It will have to wait until it warms up at least into the upper 20's (br-r-r-r...these aging bones don't like this extremely cold weather).

Jeremey and Jessica said...

I'm going with BLUE b/c a lower heart rate!!!