photo taken by Angela Speiker

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our first real snow of the season




Calvin wasn't sure about touching the snow, at first he was full of "uh, oh"

Daddy teaching Emerald how to make a snowball.

Emerald's there to tell him, "it's ok, Calv, you'll have fun"

Calvin's not so sure about this!

Emerald taking her turn sledding.

Really, I wonder if I have 2 kids, or 3!! He is just a big kid!!







We had our first "real" snow of the season this weekend, although it did flurry a little 2 weeks ago. Not big, Telluride snow, but a good test-run for winter. Saturday was a wet/snow mix all day, and then overnight it began to stick. Emerald woke us up Sunday morning with an excited, "look, look, it's white outside". I just love their enthusiasm for all things!! It was pretty hard to tell them we couldn't go play in it yet, as we had to get ready for church. While walking into church it was all we could do to keep them out of the snow. When we got home, it took us awhile to prepare for our first outing into the snow. Thank goodness this year we are a little better equiped with "snow gear", but had to find it all in order to go and play. Our little munchkins turned into little eskimos. Calvin wasn't so sure about it at first, and really hated having to wear all the gloves, hats, etc. However, it didnt' take long to get into the swing of things after he got his first "sled ride" down our itty bitty hill in our backyard. They had fun throwing snow balls at us, sliding down their super slippery slide, and chasing Laney in the snow. Emerald was quite a good big sister making sure Calvin got his turn on the sled and teaching him how to make snowballs to throw at mommy, daddy, and Laney. Calvin didn't get much of a chance to play last year, as he was barely walking as of January. I think we are going to have a fun winter!

We had a doc appt today for baby Lobster. Everything seemed healthy enough, heartbeat sounded strong. I did "fail" my glucose test, though, and have to go back in for another, longer, test. My numbers were too high, and they ordered a 3 hour test to be done. They say that can possibly happen if you have eaten something in the last few days that can change the results. Hopefully we won't have to add anything else to our plate right now!! If I do have gestational diabetes that just means another appt or 2 and watch what I eat. I guess they will watch the baby closely, but I already feel like we are doing that. We are 28 weeks tomorrow and in our 3rd trimester!! We start going to our doc every 2 weeks now. We are also starting our non-stress tests after our next appt. The receptionist and I scheduled out our next 9 weeks of appointments and I left there with 21 appointment cards, plus this 3 hour diabetes test!! That is a lot of trips to the doctor!! I think it kind of stressed Skip out a little when I showed him in the waiting room. It stresses me out!! How I'm going to juggle 22 "normal" visits to the doctor (w/o any other complications), Christmas, chasing 2 little munchkins around, prepare for this new baby, and do what my doctors and family/friends recommend--rest, relax!!?? As long as baby Lobster is healthy, I guess we'll just make it work! Now, if only I can convince my husband to not worry, after all, he is his father's son!!!

1 comment:

Panky's Place said...

Good luck! If you figure it out, let me know your secret as I haven't put the puzzle together in 37 happy years.