photo taken by Angela Speiker

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Weekly Lobster update


Week 28 and that belly is really starting to stick out there! There are some little feet that are really starting to push hard on my right side, same place all the time.


Just a couple of cute Calvin pics I hadn't posted.

We have begun our non-stress tests! This going to the doctor 2 or 3 times a week is going to get to be a lot! Especially when we are having snow and ice! However, it is such a good thing that they are keeping a close eye on Lobster. For those who might not know, the NST is pretty basic, I just have to sit there with 2 monitors on my belly. One measures any contractions I might have and the other measures the heartbeat. It is pretty awesome to have this monster microphone on Lobster. You can hear every little movement that the baby makes. It is weird to think of this little one moving around so much. It is kind of a nice bonding time with me and the baby. The first NST we had the baby wasn't active enuf so they gave me juice. Then she had to get the doc to look in on me. He checked on things and commented that I had 4 or 5 contractions in the 45 minutes. He offered to check me out more, but I declined, as the contractions weren't really that hard. I'll leave that for the near future. It did kind of freak me out when she had to go get the doc. I had this moment of fear thinking they might say something scary, like bed-rest, we need you to do more testing, etc. I am soooooo not prepared yet!! I still have lists upon lists to make to help us get ready for this coming date. I think the office staff are going to get to know me well, though! All is good news so far!! Our goal on the Lobster front now is to start preparing his/her room. We are waiting until after Christmas guests use the room one last time, then we are going to boot all future guests to the basement (which now has a functional TV thanks to my darling husband). Emerald is so sweet, after each appointment she asks if I got stuck (needle) or if I got pictures (which we get with each sonogram). She doesn't quite understand when I tell her that all we do is listen to the baby. She has begun to ask, "where are we going today when you go to the doctor?" or "whose watching us today?" They are being pretty flexible thru all this shuffling! So, 3 NST's and an appointment before the end of the year. Our next sonogram isn't until Jan. 9.
Here is a little clip I got of some major snow we had a couple of weeks ago.

1 comment:

The Utendorf's said...

I love the song...it made me laugh outloud. So glad to hear things are going OK with the baby. I know NST stink...granted I didn't have as many as you, but mine always happened b/c there was a problem. And it seemed after each one I was put on bed rest, love that. I know I say it every time, but RELAX and rest. Merry Christmas!!!