photo taken by Angela Speiker

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Zachary update



Look at my new skill. I'm not perfectly steady, but I can sit for a few seconds at a time now!! Mom and dad keep trying to make me work on it every day.

People keep telling me that my front teeth keep coming in bigger and better. I do like to show them off with my cute smile.

I had fun helping daddy put up the Christmas lights.

Zachary is keeping us busy this month! He has quite a few PT appointments. Both Jen and Liz are working at teaching us what to do to strengthen Zach's core muscles. He is improving, and we aren't sure if it is something that he would have done on his own, or if the PT is really working well. I kind of think it is a combination of both. Zach can sit up for a few seconds at a time and is really getting much better at the tripod propped sitting position. He can also stand up a lot better now while leaning on a low surface. Calvin's toddler bed seems to be the perfect height, as is the train table. Zach has been up on all 4's for some time now. He is now beginning to explore a bear crawl position now, with straight legs and bottom up in the air. He is rocking a lot now and has even taken to moving his hand or leg, just not at the same time. I think he will be crawling before we know it. We have a step down into our living room from the tile to the carpet. So far it has been great to work at keeping Z contained. The other night he discovered he can crawl up the step :( We moved our Christmas tree to the tile, out of the living room, this year in an effort to keep him out of the presents and tree. The crawling up the step was a one time thing for now, so let's hope he waits until after Christmas before he tries it again.

We had a urologist follow-up appt last week (from his August surgery). The doc said everything looked great and he didn't need to see us back until Zach is potty trained. That is nice to know! One more thing I can take off my plate.

Zachary hasn't seemed very interested in eating any form of solid chunks of food. He will eat the pureed baby food great. However, when I've offered him a puff, some bread pieces, parts of a pea, and every time he acts like he is chocking to death. We've done the Heimlich on him twice and that is scary enough to not push him on this. Guess he's acting in true Zach fashion and going to take his sweet time and not do this until he is ready. I laugh that WE think we are in charge in this household :)

Zachary has also been showing us a lot of new sounds. He is trying to keep up with his siblings and beginning to talk up a storm. I'm loving the new squealing stage :) But, as always, our Zachary seems to be a content, easy-going, sweet little guy.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenn Ross said...

You look so good sitting up Zach! Good job buddy!