photo taken by Angela Speiker

Sunday, December 20, 2009

One week





In one week my little man will turn 1!! I can't believe it! He doesn't feel like a 1 year old. No, not in the cheesy mommy, "I don't want him to grow up" kind of way (although that is a little true). He isn't sitting, eating table food, talking, pulling up, walking, rolling a ball back to me, sitting in a big carseat, or many other things. I wonder, sometimes, how big is he? Well, these pictures kind of show it, don't they? Look at that tiny little peanut! Emerald is a year older, too. These pics were taken in Feb. when he was almost 2 months old, too. Now look at him. He is longer, that's for sure. We sat behind a baby at church today. Teeny, tiny little baby. Made my baby feel like a big monster. He is growing. He is doing things at his own pace. We'll be patient for you Zachary. I just hope everyone else is, too. I hate the comments from strangers asking about his age (another family at church and at the store today). They always give me a look. Argh! If only they'd seen him those first few days. He's here, and he is healthy! We love you almost birthday boy. Makes me wonder, though, how best to celebrate your birthday. I really want to make it special, separate from Christmas. This year, though, no cake for you. We will sing, you can open presents (with a little help from Em & Cal), and we can save the cake for future bdays. You didn't want it anyway, right? Not if you are your father's son!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: