photo taken by Angela Speiker

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Some PT work




Some day in the future Zachary is going to kill me for posting these pics. One of the things one of our PT has us work on with Zach is keeping his legs closer together. A tool for this is these really cool looking biker shorts. The shorts are sewn between the legs and really help hold his legs closer together. He gets pretty frustrated with it, but it does seem to help a tiny bit. Every little bit, right?! We also work on the exercise ball, both large and small, standing, neck exercises, sitting, etc. I think we have 3 more appts lined up this year, then we will see how our January calendar looks. We have seen some improvement with sitting. He is sitting for a few seconds at a time by himself. The propped sit is also getting a lot better.

Right now I am beginning to worry a little about his eating. We have been giving him pureed baby food and he does really well with that. I've tried offering him puffs, slivers of bread, a smashed pea, avocado, smashed banana, etc. Each time he chokes on it like I was giving him whole chunks of steak! He has thrown up 3 times, I've done the Heimlich twice, and I'm getting worried to do it much more. I know that kids take a little time to adjust to solids in their mouth. Been thru this twice before! However, it's been about 6 weeks worth of trying this and nothing! I wonder if it has to do with his prematurity, his tongue-tie issues, him just being him, not having good core muscular strength, ????? I've spoken to both PT's and will bring it up to the doc next week for his 1 year check. I'm not overly concerned, but beginning to wonder if there is some sort of problem.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Laura said...

He need a cape and he could be SUPERMAN! :) Lol.

I have a similar picture of Camille holding Georgie at the same age. She wanted to watch TV and just hold him.