photo taken by Angela Speiker

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Happy times in the land of mommyhood


This made my day. I know it's hard to read, but Emerald was scribbling away, and brought me her "present". She drew a picture of me, and wrote MOMMY. This was the first time she's done that all on her own. It brought tears to my eyes.

Hi mom! You keep telling me I'm turning into a busy boy. I just love playing with all these toys.

Calvin was trying to snap

I know this doesn't look like much, but it is a big deal in our world. In the past you've read my posts about being worried for our little man. Seeing him popping up onto all 4's in crawling position is HUGE in our world. He is showing some great strides in strength and we are proud of our little man who continues to make forward progress. Not that I'm trying to rush him into crawling, believe me! But, we are happy that he is trying to do it on his own.

My job is awesome! In many jobs you get to see a completed project. My job can be a little hard at times, b/c there really isn't a completed project. It was nice hearing the other day from my neighbor, who watched the older 2 for me when Zach had a PT appt. She complimented the kids for playing board games well, and for getting along together. The next night we got a great compliment on "how smart" Emerald is from the principal at her school. It is nice to hear that beyond the crazy moments of spilled milk, tantrums, time outs, fat lips, poopy diapers (yes that was just a portion of my day today), that you see other people noticing that you might just be doing something right with these crazy munchkins. I understand that this is a safe place to act crazy. I just want my kids to be respectful and treat others right when we are out in public. My job really is the best job on earth!! I feel so lucky to get to spend so much time with my sweet little kiddos.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: