photo taken by Angela Speiker

Friday, October 9, 2009

The sibling bond


I promise she isn't choking him!

A sneak preview of Calvin's Halloween costume. Zachary was checking out the new pet in the house.

Zach and Laney have been working on some sibling love lately, too.

I thought this picture was sweet.

I am in love with watching our children develop their sibling bonds. With each new step/stage, I am thoroughly LOVING it! I am an only child, and maybe that's why this is so fascinating to me. The love that Emerald and Calvin have had for each other always amazed me. People would ask, "do they get along?" Like you wouldn't believe!! Yes, there is a little of the love/hate thing from time-to-time, and each child does hit a point of needing his/her own space, but honestly, our children really love each other!!! The big kids can't wait to say good morning to Zach. He couldn't beam brighter upon seeing them, too! Calvin and Zachary get a little brotherly love time each day when Emers is at school. Calvin really acts great as a big brother and watches out for his "little guy". Then you throw the dog and the love they all have for her, and the patience she has for them, wowsa!!! I just love, love, LOVE watching this sibling love develop and I look forward to watching it grow as the children grow up. Just last night, Emerald stopped Calvin, taught him some new skill we'd been working on for awhile, and he understood. She has amazing patience with him, with both of them for that matter. You should see how happy it makes her as Zachary grabs her hair and yanks as hard as he can--Emers just smiles away. Calvin is an awesome helper when it comes to Zachary. I can already see the look of admiration in Zach's eyes when his siblings come around--a true gleam! Just loving this moment of motherhood! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: