photo taken by Angela Speiker

Sunday, September 6, 2009

I know I look as old as I feel.....


Having fun with hats

Now that's a look of admiration for my big sis

A stick bug that took up residence on our screen door for the day. It really entertained the kids all day long.

Story time with daddy

This post is going to be kind of random. We are DONE with our doc visits for at least 2 whole weeks (when we go back to the urologist, and then 9 month well-check another week later, but all-in-all, good things)!!!!!! Needless to say, pretty thrilled about that. Zach has been kind of fussy the last few nights. We were pulling up the doc office for shots on Friday, and the doc office is right next door to the hospital. Emerald asked me, "Mommy, is Zach going back to live in the hospital again?" I stopped to think about it, and in her eyes, it probably is deja vu. We have been to the hospital 5 times in a matter of 13 days, and to the docs office 2 more times in 17 days. In the midst of all of it, they have been shifted from person to person, again. Zachary has been a little needier lately, and that has been hard on Emerald and Calvin. He has been recovering from a lot of things and really does need a little extra TLC. Hopefully things will calm down now.

Last night Heidi and I went on a short shopping trip, shocking as it may sound! ~~Side note: found some fantastic deals at Carters and Children's Place and the kids are set, even into next summer. Love it when you can buy cute, new clothes for less than $2 each!~~ I placed my cell phone and wallet in her purse and forgot them there as she drove away with them. I didn't think it'd be too big a deal. Today my dad came to visit. As we were out running some errands he and I stopped at Joe's Crab Shack for some late afternoon drinks. I thought it was a great idea--it's been a really long couple of weeks and I thought a real, grown-up drink (minus kids) sounded like a fantastic idea. I order a drink and the lady asked me for my ID. I haven't been carded in forever. I tell her I don't have my ID on me, and she said she had to check anyone looking under age 30. I laugh, tell her I am 33, have 3 kids, and am there with my dad. She checks with her manager, and denies me my drink!!!!!!! She says they can't do it if I don't have my ID. You are telling me that I don't look like I'm over 21?????? Are you kidding me????????!!!!!!!!!! I am feeling like a 40 year old lately, wait, maybe 50 these days, with little sleep and no energy after chasing the kids around and tending to Zach's needs (remember, been a little needier), plus getting their schedules straight with all the chaos. Really, I don't look over 21?????????? While part of me should potentially feel flattered that she thinks I am at least looking under age 30, and can't get a drink b/c I may not be over 21, I am not feeling flattered. I wanted that drink, I felt that I deserved that drink. Do you know how often I am out, w/o kids, not driving, after hell 2 weeks, and actually want a drink??? I guess the bartender just wasn't feeling my neediness. Oh well, I'm sure she was just looking at me as old, anyway.

Here's wishing Simon a VERY happy 1st birthday tomorrow. We love you and wish we could spend the day with you sweet little man. Have fun diving into that cake and tell mom and dad to take lots of pictures.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Panky's Place said...

Journal venting is always good; just take heart in the fact that they thought you looked GOOD! Next time tell them what year you were born and see if they can do the math.