photo taken by Angela Speiker

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Calvinese & Emeraldish--our own language


We dressed up for a free Chick-fil-A sandwich yesterday

Calvin giving Zach kisses

Since they have been able to communicate, each of our children have had their own way of saying certain things. Just like any child, they create their own language. Some of these things are so cute, I decided I needed to write it down so I would remember them in the future. It will be hard to correctly spell some of these things, as they are quite unique. I'm sure I can add to the list over the next couple of years, too! So, I list.........

Gibberish, by Emerald and Calvin Pankewich
  • Psssssst (said with fingers usually)=I love you
  • Mango=Mango, Emerald's stuffed monkey, the love of her life and best friend
  • BoBo=BoBo, Calvin's stuffed monkey, the love of his life and best friend
  • hangibur=hamburger
  • lie many pony=My Little Pony
  • flingamango=flamingo
  • mushrooms=marshmallows
  • Gee=Calvin's name for Emerald, his big sister, usually said with love, sometimes not
  • the dark place=the parking garage at Garmin
  • Garmin=anything tall or big, b/c the Garmin building is large
  • Ma (like Ma & Pa)-ddy=Emerald's name for Daddy
  • Mommy-o and daddy-o=don't know why but they have to say it with the o at the end
  • watermelon=lemonade
  • "You're a chocolate _______(fill in the blank)=from a moose song that we like, Chocolate Moose On the Loose
  • statues=tatooes (usually the fake ones that kids love so much)
  • Tytoon=Tyrone, a character from Backyardigans and little toy Calvin carries around
  • huh=Calvin's form of the word Yes, from Uh-huh, meaning yes
  • basagna=lasagna
  • bessert=dessert
  • airplane port=airport
  • sza-sza=Emerald's way of saying sorry when she was little. One time she was in a nursery and crying so I pulled her out (she was maybe 15 months old) and she told me sza-sza, as in sorry for crying mommy. It made me cry at the time.
  • Little Bear=Emerald's name for Calvin when we brought him home
  • Lobster=Zachary's name before he was born and nickname often since
  • little bookie wookie (in various forms)=the kids love to baby-talk Zach and call him every name in the book
  • dah=dog, a first word for Emers and one of the first for Calvin as well
  • poon=spoon (you will notice a list as Calvin has trouble with beginning s words)
  • pank=spank, something they see all too often
  • nake=snake
  • top=stop
  • tookie=cookie

I am sure there are many, many more words I am forgetting. However, as Skip and I were working on this list it was quite humorous reflecting on these cute words/phrases of the kids. Like I said, I am sure these are things we might forget in the future and I wanted to capture it now. We love our little munchkins and are amazed at how fast they grow up.Posted by Picasa

No comments: