photo taken by Angela Speiker

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sleeping with monkeys

I have to write that I love our little monkey-lovers!! Each night Skip and I sneak into the kids' rooms doing the nightly routine--pull off all the books from Emerald's bed, step over all her little piles of stuffed animals sleeping on their Emerald-made beds, turn off lamps, cover up Calvin with his Frosty blanket (what are we going to do when it gets warmer weather?), kiss their sweet little foreheads. The thing that always makes us both smile--seeing them clutching tightly their little monkeys. No matter how many things are in our out of their beds, or what the extra thing of the night happens to be, Mango and BoBo are both always tucked neatly under the arm of their keeper. It is so sweet to see the love they show for their monkeys. Calvin has even been clinging to the wall painting in the bathroom lately telling us "I love MY BoBo". He can't ever call BoBo by name without adding the "my" to the front of it. Mango and BoBo, I hope you know just how much you are loved. Now, who or what, will become the "it" for Zachary? Will it be Rocky the Lobster? George, the monkey?? Or will it be another thing we don't even know exists yet? Each kid does decide for them self what is important for them. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I wish I could take a picture of this, but I fear that I will mess with the sleep that means WAY to much to us these days. I can just have you use your imagination. Now I'm off to take part in that nightly ritual.

1 comment:

awwood2 said...

Hi, Steph and Skip! Your kids are so beautiful and precious. I pray for you all. Thanks for keeping us MBS choir people updated! We think about you often. Love, Ann