photo taken by Angela Speiker

Friday, April 17, 2009

Please support my cause

This year we are going to join several other families from the NICU to walk in the March for Babies walk in downtown Kansas City. We are so super excited for this event!! Aunt Heidi, Uncle Jeff, and Josiah are going to be joining us this year as we walk, which is such a fun time for us to spend together.

My question to you is this--have you donated to our cause? I try really hard to not ask much of others. It is hard for me to ask for anything. However, this organization has done so much for our family this year and I have to do everything I can to give back. Within 24 hours of Zachary's birth he received surfactant, a lung treatment developed as a result of March of Dimes-funded research. Without this drug we don't know what might have happened to our premature baby. Instead, today he is a healthy, thriving little man! They have done so many other things for both my family, and yours and you might not have even realized it.

I recently added a counter to the bottom of my blog. I am amazed at just how many people view this site!! Thank you for taking the time to do so. Within a week I had 250 hits on this site. Now, I know some of them were from myself when I came on to add to the blog. I was thinking that if everyone who went on just donated $1 think of what that could do for March of Dimes. There is no minimum amount you could donate, any small amount helps. Take the chance to skip the Starbucks, the dollar spot at Target (one of my favorites), or buy one less Diet Dr. Pepper a week and grab a glass of water instead. Ok, maybe the last suggestion is just for me, but whatever works for you. We have a goal of $500 and I know we can reach it, especially with your help. Donate in honor of Zachary. Donate for his friends from the NICU--Greyson, Isaiah, Dawson, Miranda, Brynn, Zane, and many others. Donate in honor of all the babies who are no longer with us. Donate in honor of your healthy child at home.

Again, asking for donations is not something that is easy for me to do. Asking for anything is hard for this VERY independent minded person. However, I am asking because this falls so close to my heart. We walk in 2 weeks, on May 3rd. We appreciate your consideration!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I recently donated to another blogger who lost her twin boys at 20 weeks. This is such a wonderful cause. I've had two nephews born premature (I may have told you that before) so I believe in it whole heartedly.

The kids looked beautiful at Easter, what a sweet family you all are.

There's a belly pic on the blog today if you care to see... : )