photo taken by Angela Speiker

Monday, April 6, 2009

Sibling Love

Zachary getting some love from the big kids
Looking back and remembering when Emerald wanted to love on Calvin as a baby. Notice the outfit!!
I couldn't help but take a pic of Zachary on the counter. I had done the same thing with each child in this outfit. I can't find the one of Emerald right now (we took a bunch of our pics off our hard-drive and put them on CD's). This was taken in April 2007 and April 2009 of my boys.

These big kids make me tired!

I just had to post some pics showing how things stay the same, and how much things have changed. Same outfit, same sibling poses, same sibling love, but seeing Calvin at Zachary's age makes me a little sad that my "big" little man is growing up so fast. The kids all have such love for one another. We just have to watch how much love they decide to share with Zachary at times. :) Now that Zachary is smiling more, all we hear is "I want to see Zach-y" and then 2 kids running over trying their hardest to catch his smile or make him smile again. I love how much they love each other. Even in that early picture of Emerald and Calvin you can see the look of awe that he has for his big sister. It is still present every day. I'm sure Zachary will develop this same thing. The other night we were praying together as a family before bed. Emerald took one of Zach's hands, Calvin grabbed the other, and there we prayed together. Skip and I have been exchanging a lot of glances lately--happy, how wonderful is our life, glances. We really are blessed in so many ways!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mommy P said...

So sweet. I love your boys on the counter!

Natalie said...

Holy cow. I just got the total scare that Brynn's going to suddenly be five years old tomorrow and I'm totally going to miss this time today!