photo taken by Angela Speiker

Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Thursday!

Today was a beautiful day!! The weather was in the 60's and the kids were so happy to spend some time outside. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 70's, and I'm sure I know 2 kids who will want to be outdoors again. They got dropped off at a friend from church's house and Emerald was in heaven. This friend had a brand new puppy, 8 week old lab. It was such a cute puppy, so classic puppy behavior. They also got to play outside at her house, and they had horses next door!! Honestly, I thought Emerald would never quit talking about her good day. She played outside for recess, then we stopped at the park after school. It is so much fun watching them play on a beautiful day. Emerald got a haircut the other day, finally, and looks much better now. Calvin is also being such a cutie lately. He has been very cuddly with me, and gives the best hug squeezes. Emerald, shockingly, has developed quite the "sucking up" behavior developing. She told me the other day, "mommy, since you are the best mommy ever, and b/c I love you so much, and b/c you love us so much, you should ___________." She has used this excuse a couple of times now, and I'm kind of scared! Skip also shared a story about her last night, which I missed. He put Calvin to bed, then went searching for Emerald. Not in her room, but Zachary's room light was on. Skip walked in and saw Em sitting in the rocking chair, rocking. She told him, with sad eyes, "daddy, I want Zach to come home now." He told me I would have cried, and he is right. Every time I leave for the "hop-sital" (yes, I misspelled it trying to sound like the kids) Calvin comes over to give me a "psssst for Zakry" (our little thing we always do touching fingers in the I love you sign language form). How sweet are those kids??!! I love my munchkins so much and feel so bad for messing with them so much right now. It is hard not being there to read at night, kiss them and tuck them each night, and just wind down at home. I love being with Zachary, don't get me wrong, but I am missing the night-time routine with my kiddos.

I gave Zach a bath on Tuesday. It was my first time to give him one and I loved it!! I also got to give him another one tonight. I think the sweetest moment was getting to hold my sweet Zachary when he was not attached to anything at all!! He was not hooked up to the wall, and I got to do an entire spin around with him in my arms. I loved it so very much. Heidi came up to the hospital that night to hang out with Zach and I, and she got to witness this wonderful bath time experience. She played photographer for us, and I will upload pics soon.

Zach stats--he's up to 5 lb 10 oz--big boy!! He had a renal ultrasound recheck and all was clear!! He passed his vision test with flying colors. Have I already mentioned he passed his hearing screening?? Well, he did, so now I've said it. :) Can't seem to keep it all straight. He also passed his car seat test so when the time comes to take him home, he is safe to ride in the seat. He had a bad de-sat Monday, but has been really good since. Yeah for Z-man!!

More to come later, too tired to write more right now. By the way, I'm sorry for the negative sounding blogs lately. I feel kind of bad and don't want you to think I'm turning into a sour person. Remember this, that this is my way to get out some of my frustrations w/o crying too many times. This is like a journal for me, just public. I've also had a lot of people comment on how I can keep up with the blogging. It is easier for me to do this, than to call 25 different people on the phone (not that I don't want to talk to you, but time is so difficult to find these days) and forget who I've told what to. It is easier to write it once, let read it whoever wants to take the time, and journal it for myself.

One last thing, I have been so blessed by our new church and the members of it. We have had people volunteer to watch my kids, feed them, love on them, and provide us with meals. We have had so many people helping us and again, I just want to express my sincere gratitude for you all!! Thank you so much for you help, food, generosity, and prayers. You mean a lot to our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blog on Stephanie, we love your updates and you deserve to "vent"! Sounds like Zach is ready to get home soon! He is a great "test taker" it seems and that weight gain is remarkable. Jen Hoelscher