photo taken by Angela Speiker

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Back in the NICU, another new address for Zach

We got moved back upstairs today. "No, nothing is wrong" reassured sweet nurse Nicole when she called to inform us this morning. Again, scary receiveing a phone call from the NICU. However, they mentioned it to us as a possibility yesterday when we were here, so I kind of suspected it might happen. Sweet nurse Nicole (I love this nurse!) told us she was pretty sad to see her buddy leave her. How awesome is it to have a nurse who loves on your baby?! I've come to realize that Zachary has had 3 addresses in his short 5 weeks. Kind of funny if you ask me.

Zachary had a few destats this morning, so we start the clock again. Dr. Lancaster passed me in the hall today and remembered me, impressive that he recognized me and put me with Zachary since he has about 46 babies here in the unit and we really don't meet with him all that often. He commented not to get frustrated, but Zach just wasn't quite mature yet. Just be patient! Skip reminded me that at least we have had a lot of experience in the area of patience when it comes to getting your kids home. I am sure it is much harder on a lot of these poor parents up here who have never waited like we have. Zach also had some reflux issues, so they had to move his bed back up from flat to upright. Again, a teeny, tiny baby step backwards, but not a huge big deal. It just means that we won't be going home any time in the next few days for sure, so don't ask!! Sorry, but it is the one question I continually get asked by everyone, and I understand the asking, but I hate continuing to say, "I don't know" when it comes to my own baby. I'm not in charge, and again, that's a very difficult concept for me when it comes to being in charge of my children.

I'm going to go back in and spend more time with Zach now. I'm at the hospital for a few hours and he is sleeping right now. It is so sweet to know that 2 of my 3 kids are sleeping. Wish it were me, too!

No comments: