photo taken by Angela Speiker

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Showering Baby Josiah, Heidi, & Jeff


So this was the "before" the shower pic--the kids had to help Nana make dirt cake. Don't worry, Heidi, they washed their hands!!


Dirt cake, all boy, or as Emerald calls it, "wormy cake".



Prayer cards asking everyone to pray for Baby Josiah and his parents upon his delivery.


A wagon full of wishes--advice, and suggestions to help Heidi make it in the parenting world.

Nana Pankewich trying to think of baby animal names.

Heidi's close college girls. The one closest to bottom of the photo, Angela, is the awesome photographer who captured the great pics of my kids. I can't wait to see the pics she takes of Josiah. Her website is a link on the side of my blog.

Near the tree are Heidi's relatives and friend. Eleanor, Heidi's sis-in-law, and the Call cousins, Mandy and Holly. Wishing Heidi's other 2 sis-in-laws could have been there, but they sent their love!! All the way from Telluride and Germany!

More of Heidi's friends, and her mom.

Heidi's mom, the guest of honor, Josiah, Danielle, and our Emers.

Josiah squished between some women that promise to love him dearly!!

Ok, I had to pose these pics. I got such a cute one at Laura's shower. And Emerald is so super excited about her new cousins. Soon I'll get to post pics of her holding her cousin Josiah, and when Simon visits, then lots of pics of that, too.


They are going to make such wonderful parents!!

My belly at 26 weeks and new shorter haircut.

This weekend we had the privilege of showering Baby Josiah with diapers and other goodies to show him how excited we are for his arrival. Our house turned into a very "boy" place filled with red (Heidi's favorite color) and wagons (something that always reminds me of Heidi and Jeff since Emerald rode in a wagon at their wedding). We had a couple of Heidi's cousins, both Grandmas, 2 sis-in-laws, a neice, and lots of friends here to celebrate. I'd say Josiah received quite a few good gifts. Heidi looks fantastic and is doing a great job preparing for her new role as mommy. We can't wait to meet this little guy when he decides to make his appearance (he is due on Dec. 23, but I think he'll come on Dec. 16, just pick of the pool). Of course the main thing I am concerned with is that he and his mommy are healthy!! I am getting so excited for 2 things--the chance to go to the hospital to meet him, and when Laura brings Baby Simon and we can see all the cousins together!! What a blessing in the Pankewich family right now! Oh yeah, on a personal note, I added a pic of my belly and haircut, too. Don't know how we missed taking a pic of Heidi and I together, but her friend got a pic of us so maybe I'll steal a copy and post later.

1 comment:

Panky's Place said...

You caught us all in our pjs making the "dirt cake" (thanks for not getting close enough to reveal "scary Nana hair")! The shower was adorable in every aspect (invitations, decor, just the right amount of games); you could be a party planner.