photo taken by Angela Speiker

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Photos by Emers, and up with the tree


Carson, our neighbor, came over to play the other day. His poor sister, Avery, had to go to the doctor about some stitches. Poor little girl!! I feel so thankful to have wonderful neighbors that we can do the kid swap thing with. My kids love Avery and Carson, and Aubrey too!












I came downstairs the other day and found Emerald using Laney as a pillow. Man that dog is patient!! Then, amazingly enough, I was able to bribe Emerald to let me take a pic of her (with Mango) if she was allowed to take pictures, her idea of course. Pretty sweet request. So, the results from her photo session............



Here are a few pictures taken by Miss Emerald. She was so proud of herself for being able to capture Mango, Laney, Mommy, and Lobster. She really thinks she is on her way to great-ness. I actually really like the picture she got of Laney and I. It looks like Laney is trying to put her paw on my belly, which is sweet. And, I was quite impressed that she was able to capture a fairly good pic of Mango!!

We put up our Christmas tree last week. I know, really early!! We hosted a shower for my sis-in-law, Heidi, this weekend, and it was my cheating way of "decorating" our house. Plus, to be honest, we do things when we can around her these days. I have no idea what the next few weeks include in our lives, and it took forever with the kids "helping". The kids were pretty excited to see it up and together. Now we just have to keep explaining that Santa isn't coming yet (but it does make for some good behavior for now).
Sorry the blog is so goofy, it won't let me move pics around. Oh well. You get the point, and my life is too crazy to worry about photo orders right now.
I will be posting another blog very soon (once I dump pictures from the weekend) of the shower. It was awesome!!
I was sick this week, yucky! and so was poor Calvin. Too much laundry, too much to do. Thus the life of a busy mommy :)

1 comment:

Panky's Place said...

Some awefully cute pics by the little amateur shutter-bug (I'm surprised there's not a camera on her Christmas wish list). Glad we could add to the Christmas tree scene with a few wrapped gifts (just hope Nana's super ribbon knots help to deter sudden bursts of curiousity). Can't wait for a blog of the weekend, but get everyone feeling better first.