photo taken by Angela Speiker

Friday, March 5, 2010

My little Wildcats


My little Wildcat gang.

Reminds me of hear/speak/see no evil. Maybe I'll have to pose my little monkeys like that in the future.

I thought this was a good shot of his "bump" and how it was healing.

If we distract Zachary, he can sit up pretty well these days.

I haven't really updated our kiddos lately. Calvin has been healing quite well with his post-surgery. You can still kind of feel some lumpiness under the scar, but they said that should dissolve. He has been maturing a lot lately. Calvin filled up his potty chart, and we treated him to a special night at Chuck-E-Cheese. All the kids had a ball. Calvin has been working pretty hard at this new role, but we still have a long road ahead of us. Calvin has been a great big brother lately, trying so hard to include Zachary in things. He's been surprising me with some of his comments, too. The other day they got in trouble, and 20 minutes later he tells me "mommy, I'm sorry we were naughty and didn't listen to you." It was sweet. He also answers "yes ma'am" almost all the time these days. He's still a handful at times, but he's my sweet little guy!

Emerald is getting so tall. I can't believe she turns 5 in 10 days. She is reading words to us, and is showing a lot of excitement about going into Kindergarten next year. The sassy side of Emerald has been coming out lately, and we are having to stay on her pretty tight to keep her in check. She does so much to help us out, but sometimes I think she thinks that means she is in charge around here. I also think she learns a few things at school that might influence this. I do know that they've been stuck in this house a lot this winter, and that might be making them go a little stir crazy. She is still our sweet little girl, and still very much a daddy's girl!

Zachary is doing pretty well. He started sitting up this week. It isn't for very long, but we are encourage that he can now get himself into sitting position from crawling. Before he would sit, he started climbing. He climbed up on Calvin's toddler bed, then climbed some boxes in our living room. The boy is wicked strong in his upper body. He is really cruising quite well, slow, but doing a good job of moving around. The crawling has moved to a real crawl most of the time, instead of the army crawl. He can really get those little hands and feet moving fast. Zach likes to babble a lot, and will say mama and dada, but not specifically for us yet. As far as the eating goes, no real progress. He developed croup last week. It was a horrible week, where he went from Tuesday to Saturday struggling for every breath he took. It didn't sound like croup to me, no cough, but very asthmatic sound, with his chest caving in. It really scared me. The doctor even admitted that he thought, upon walking into the room and hearing Zach, that we would have to admit him for RSV or Pneumonia. I am thankful it wasn't that bad, and we can still say we haven't been back in the hospital overnight. I've decided I can deal with vomit, snot, etc., but I can NOT deal with breathing issues--it's scary! This sickness really set Zachary back in the eating dept for the week. He still gags and vomits on every little piece of food. Thankfully he will eat Gerber food, so at least we can keep that up. Zachary has also turned into quite the mama's boy, clinging to me when a stranger enters the room. He sometimes cries if I'm in the room and Skip is holding him. It's sweet and sad all at the same time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: