photo taken by Angela Speiker

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!


I am so blessed with my 3 angels! What more could any mother ask for?? To think, there were years upon years that Skip and I prayed for children, noise, fun, love, chaos, hugs, kisses, "mommy" and "daddy" sounds, "I love you's", etc.............prayed and prayed. God does answer prayers, doesn't he??!! Thanksgiving prayer heading up to Heaven as I type! Thank you God for my life, my husband, my beautiful, healthy children, and every other blessing bestowed upon me. I love you Skip, I love you Emerald, I love you Calvin, I love you Zachary!!! It is funny how a mother can love so many, and all in unique ways. Before I was a mother, I wondered how I could love someone as much as I loved Skip--I knew I could, I just didn't understand it. Then, after Emerald came along, I wondered how I could love more than one child. How does a heart grow big enough to love so much?? It is possible, and I do love each of my children, I love them all so very much! I love them equally, the same, and different. It doesn't make sense writing it, but feeling it, oh, it makes perfect sense. I can't imagine my life any other way than how it is right now. And for those silly, silly people who don't know me and ask anyway--yes, you do love your children the same, adopted or not! My love is so strong for my children. There are times when I don't feel as if I brag about them enough. Right now, I am bragging my heart out because I have the best job of anyone on the planet--I am wife to Skip, and mother to 3 amazingly beautiful individuals. Thank you God for answering our prayers!!

Sending hugs and love to both of the moms in our life, and the wonderful grandmothers of my children. We wouldn't be who we are without the love and support from you both. I also send out all my love to all the mommies out there wishing you a Happy Mother's Day! May you feel as blessed as I do! There are several mommies in our lives celebrating their first Mother's day. The fun is just beginning.....enjoy!

PS, thanks M ;)

No comments: