photo taken by Angela Speiker

Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's March--So Let's March for Babies

Now that it is March we have a goal. We are happy to announce that the Pankewich Party of 5 is going to be walking in the March of Dimes, March for Babies, on May 3rd in downtown KC. Our little Z-man has inspired us to help this wonderful organization. Our 42 days in the NICU at Overland Park Regional opened our eyes to see just how much of an impact this amazing organization can play on the life of a baby and their family. Even from the beginning of finding out about Zachary's 2 vessel cord condition, March of Dimes was the first place I looked to for help in understanding what it all meant for myself and my unborn son. We feel blessed that Zachary is doing so well. We are thankful that someone before us had figured out how to help a baby born at 31 weeks to be able to leave the hospital completely healthy. I remember a story I heard a long time ago about a boy throwing starfish back into the ocean. Saying that he couldn't save them all, but it made a difference for the one he did help. I'm sure we can't save the world with our one little family walking and earning money for March of Dimes, but hopefully we can help to make a small difference for one person or one situation.

Silly as it seems, I couldn't decide which beautiful picture of my son I wanted to post on our page. I decided to post his first picture, the one of his first day in the NICU needing the most help of all. It reminds me just how far he has come!

If you'd like to join us as we walk, please, let us know, as we'd love to have a large crowd!! If you feel like donating in honor of Zachary Stanley Pankewich, or any of the babies in the OPR NICU, we'd appreciate any little bit. Don't feel obligated at all. Even knowing that so many of you have given your thoughts, prayers, time, and love to helping us these last 2 months have meant the world to us. Thanks everyone! Click on the badge to the right for more info or go to our March of Dimes page: http://www.marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=161013804&u=pankewich&bt=7

No comments: