photo taken by Angela Speiker

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Emerald Day!




Today is Emerald's Gotcha Day, aka Emerald Day in our household. Can't believe that 4 years ago we got our sweet little girl in our arms. It all seems so vivid, as if it was yesterday. Of course it wasn't, we've added 2 other kids since then! Are we insane??!! On this Gotcha Day we send out a thanksgiving prayer for Josephine, Emerald's birthmother. Without her we wouldn't have our little girl. Birthmothers are brave, wonderful, amazing people who give more than they will ever realize.

I made cupcakes last night for Emerald to take to school to celebrate her birthday. She requested chocolate icing with sprinkles, the only thing she asked for. I ran upstairs this morning to check on Zachary (who was taking a nice little nap in his room) and was gone for about 2 minutes. Came downstairs to find a determined 2 year old boy covered in chocolate! Our Calvinator!!! I will laugh about this at some point, really I will :) The cupcakes were stacked on top of each other, pushed to the back of the counter, inside a closed, locked container. Like I said, a determined little 2 year old boy! He was smart enough to get the stool you see in the pic from the bathroom, climb up, get the plastic container down from the counter, open it, and enjoy, all in under 5 minutes. Oh, and did I mention that it was as quiet as a mouse?? Oh the trouble I foresee in his future! I explained to the teacher what had happened and luckily he only snagged 12 of them, not all 24. The students in her class still had cupcakes, just not the teachers. Emerald's teacher just laughed at the story!

Happy Gotcha Day Emers. Mommy, Daddy, Zachy, and chocolate-faced Calvin love you dearly. We are so thankful that you are in our family!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you got of picture of the determined 2 yr old. I think have quite the collection of pictures of him in trouble (head stuck). These will be great for a wedding or graduation slideshow. They are getting so big and I wan to see you all soon.

Tracy

Panky's Place said...

I have tears (of laughter) rolling down my cheeks at the moment, after having viewed today's entry. Oh Clavin, I'm sure you are going to provide us with many memories, maybe not all ones you will want to recall, but they will surely bring a smile to the rest of us.

Nana & Pop-pop