photo taken by Angela Speiker

Monday, October 6, 2008

Cheering on the Cats


You can't ever have both kids smiling!

Calvin's pointing out his "Wildcat K-State"

I couldn't decide which of these I liked better of Emers. Both are too sweet. Mango, of course, had to make the photo session.

We are happy to be back in Kansas so that we can wear our purple with pride and have others around doing the same. Even though our Wildcats got stomped last weekend (good job to all those Tech fans), we still enjoyed watching the game. Emerald was especially happy to wear her special dress from Jessie and Calvin was quick to say, "Wildcats, go K-State". Yes, we are training them young.

Our house has been sick lately. Skip started sick, passed it on to the kids over the weekend, and thank goodness I've stayed healthy. Even in the middle of it all, he continues to be our rock and is working up a storm. I love and respect my husband so much for always working so hard. We unloaded about 15 boxes from our garage this weekend. It felt like an accomplishment. We are also in the early stages of working on Emerald's room. Wish us luck as we argue over colors and "girly" decorations for her cowgirl room. My goal is to have it done before Halloween, if not Thanksgiving. We have to get it done before working on our nursery.

On Wednesday we will be 20 weeks!! That is half way!! I am feeling great these days. I get a little frustrated that I can't always do what I want (like carrying heavy book boxes up the stairs this weekend), but gotta take care of Lobster. We have our sonogram next week, and yes, I plan to post pics if we get some. I started feeling the baby move (can't remember if I wrote that before) and it is getting a little stronger each day. It is a little odd getting this random kick when you aren't expecting it. However, it is reassuring that Lobster is healthy and kicking inside. I am thinking maybe a little gymnast inside, a tall gymnast!! We have been debating names lately. We have about 3 girl names that we are both very happy with. Boy names, another story! So, if you have any random suggestions, shoot them our way. We will consider most names, but have veto power ;) We are also starting to talk about how we want to decorate the nursery. It is fun to discuss all of these things. Keep praying that we all remain healthy and that our sonogram next week goes well.

3 comments:

Laura and Shane said...

feeling the first movements is so exciting. In no time you will really be feeling the gymnastics! Glad that you are feeling better.

Jeremey and Jessica said...

I think you should add Jessica Marie to the girl list! Happy to hear Lobster is growing and kicking!

Mrs. Curlee said...

I am so excited for you girl!! You are a cute preggo! We just had our third little one. He was born on September 30th. Check our our blog. www.adayinourcurleelife.blogspot.com. His picture is up there as well as some cute ones of our girls. Your two are growing up so fast. They are both so darling! I am glad you all are happy in Kansas although we miss you around here. Take care and keep in touch.