photo taken by Angela Speiker

Saturday, August 2, 2008

God has a plan for us all--even if we don't always understand it!

I was once talking with a priest and asked him to explain God's plan for us. I was frustrated at the time, very frusterated. I told him, that I understood that God has a plan for us all. I explained that I just needed some post-it notes along the way to explain His plan to us all.

I get it!! I understand!! My post-it notes.......................

Meeting my husband the first day at K-State.......
Getting married to my best friend in 1998...........
Adding Laney to our family in 2001........
Adding Emerald to our family in 2005...........
Adding Calvin to our family in 2007..........
Adding ?????? to our family in February 2009!!!

Surprise world..............we are pregnant!! Yes, you read that correctly. I am reminded of a song by Garth Brooks, "Sometimes I thank God, for unanswered prayers." I will send you the words to the song if you need them. I don't know how long we prayed for this miracle (and yes, it truly is a miracle). However, if God had answered our prayers initially, we would never be able to look into those beautiful brown eyes of our son and daughter. We are so very thankful that God's plan is shown to us now. Thank you!!

Yes, I am a little sappy, I guess I can officially blame that on hormones now :) We found out July 9 that we were indeed pregnant. Oh my gosh were we shocked. The shock is starting to wear off, a little. We are starting to accept that we are going to be parents of 3 little cutie-pies. We couldn't share the news until we went to the doctor (July 24) and confirmed that all was ok. We had a sonogram at this appointment and all looks great. We are now 10 weeks pregnant, almost past the first trimester, almost. We are due February 25. Considering this was an unplanned surprise (yes, are you shocked?), we didn't do too bad. With a boy born in January, and a girl in March, clothing wise we should be set. Calvin will be 2 by then, and Emers almost 4. God knew that this wasn't supposed to happen last year, with Calvin so young, the move, new job, etc. We are also thankful that we are now living in a 4 bedroom house, just enough rooms.

This is a lot to take in, trust me, I know. We are learning an entire new world. It is exciting, and we ask for prayers that this turns out to be a healthy, happy, (sleepy) baby. We don't care about boy or girl, either is wonderful. It is awesome that Skip's sister is due in September, Skip's brother is due in December, and this little Pankewich baby will make 5 in February. We are going from 2 to 5 in 5 months!! Wow!!

One last thing, if you see or hear us mention Lobster, that is our little nickname for our little miracle. I can't say "it" for 7 more months. We don't plan to find our if it is a boy or girl, sorry to disappoint. We like surprises!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emerald picked our Lobster's name and I love it b/c it reminds me of the Friends episode where "he's her lobster". Skip and I have joked about that for years, so when Emerald, out of the blue, chose Lobster, we said yes. It is silly, but sweet.

OK, that's enough excitement for now. Remember, prayers for 1) healthy, 2) happy, and 3) laid back, baby Lobster Pankewich!! We love you all, most especially our 3 little miracles.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow, congrats Steph! That is indeed exciting! I love the look of your blog! (facebook told me about it so I had to check it out!) :)

The Utendorf's said...

Finally the world knows :) Take care and rest when you can. Remember I am here for you for anything, anytime!!

Jamie Gabriel said...

What a wonderful surprise miracle for you! I am just beyond happy.....Prayers for you and your family!

Jeremey and Jessica said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
And the blog looks just great!!
A mom and dad of 3!!!!!!!
YEAH!!!!!

Andrea said...

Tears of joy for you Steph, Skip, & all. Russ & I still do the lobster thing too from the same show, so it's totally understood! I couldn't be happier for you to know a dream fulfilled in a new way. May all your moments be symptom filled and complication free. We love you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Skip and family! You are missed in Dallas but it sounds like being close to your family helps grow your family! Great news...

Anonymous said...

YYYYEEEEAAAHHHH!!!! I am so happy for you. :) Enjoy your pregnancy, it will go by too fast!