photo taken by Angela Speiker

Friday, June 20, 2008

10 years---love, laughter, and tears (both happy and sad)!


Can you believe he got me a dozen roses? Shocked me, too!


(It's sad that our best most recent picture was taken by our 2 year old daughter).

Who would have thought he could put up with me for 10 whole years? Amazing, huh? Happy Anniversary, special love of my life! You really are my angel on earth, my best friend, my special gift from God. Without you I don't know that I'd be half the person I am today. You inspire me to want to be the best person possible. You are such an amazing father. I didn't know that anyone could love you the way I do, and then along came Emerald and Calvin.



Reflecting on the last 10 years brings a smile on my face. Some of the harder times in our lives--mom's cancer diagnosis, moving--twice (always a great chance to argue), our house being burglarized, you traveling to China w/o me for 3 weeks, hospital visits, trying to sell our house, going thru the ups and downs of becoming a family, the negative adoption moments. Through it all you stuck through it all and put up with my pre-stress chaos, and all those tears. The happy times--#1 by far was the placement of our babies in our arms, the day you said I Do to me, the many fabulous journeys we have been lucky enough to experience together (Tahiti, Alaska, Cozumel, China, Florida, PV, Colorado, and many more), buying 2 houses together, adding new family members, all our wonderful friendships we have created, and so many others. It has been an insanely busy 10 years, and I look forward to spending many more wonderful years with you. It is hard to imagine how much your love for a person can grow, and change. It has, and I assume that somehow we will continue to grow our love and memories over the next 10 years. Although you better start saving now, you promised we'd return to Tahiti for our next big anniversary! :)

I send out all of my love to you my sweet angel bear. You deserve so much on this special day! I promise to love you always and forever..............me

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey! Came looking on here to find a way to wish you Happy Anniversary & this post was waiting. What a great way to share your love publicly for Skip. Blessings & Joy to you! Love,
Andi

Jeremey and Jessica said...

Happy 10 anniversry!!!!! You two are such a wonderful couple, I am proud to call you my friends! I hope you have many, many, many more fabulous years together!