photo taken by Angela Speiker

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fourth of July pic part 1





Why haven't I been blogging you ask? Well, I'm attempting to do a series of why I haven't blogged. We have been super busy enjoying our summer.

The first of my series is our Fourth of July trip to my parent's house. We invited our dear, dear friends from college to join us. Rene & I lived together in a dorm, many years ago at KState. Brian lived across the hall from Skip, same dorm, same floor as us girls. Brian & Rene began dating w/in a month of Skip & I. We got engaged w/in a month of each other. We were married w/in a couple of months of each other. We witnessed each other's vows as part of the other's wedding party. Their girl is 2 years older than Em, their son a year older than Calvin, their youngest a year below Zac. It is a match made in heaven and we are blessed to call them forever friends! It is funny, b/c we camped out at this same lake for the 4th about 7 years ago, with their girl being just a baby. (I was bit by a snake on that fun trip). It was fun to have a nice laid back weekend with our good friends.

My parents are in the process of permanently moving to a house very near a nice lake. We are beyond thrilled to find time in our schedule to go visit them and hang out at the lake.

While we were there we blew bubbles, went to a sprinkler park, went fishing, watched some fireworks, dodged a surprise thunderstorm, (some of us) slept in a tent, created a slip & slide out of an old air mattress, roasted s'mores, played games, used our imaginations, & created a bunch of fond memories to reflect upon years from now. The lake was closed due to algea issues, but that didn't stop our fun. Ironically, Rene & I had a neighbor named Jessica in that same dorm years ago. Her family has a house on the same lake w/in a mile from my parents, so we went over to visit her & use her swimming pool. What a fun weekend!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: