photo taken by Angela Speiker

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Calvin is ONE!!

I can't believe my little man is ONE already! We forced a moving time-out to celebrate his special day on Saturday evening while moving. His actual birthday wasn't until Monday, but we had family and friends and felt like celebrating. I can't quite post pictures yet because we haven't yet hooked up our home computer. It will happen soon, and then you can see Calvin digging in to his banana cake. Aunt Heidi made a monkey cake for him, and then added a special side banana just for Calvin to dig in. He thoroughly enjoyed it! Emerald seemed to enjoy singing Happy Birthday to him and kept asking if we got more cake each time she sang to him.

We are in our new home. The weather was bitter cold, but we survived. Thanks to all those brave souls who helped us.

It is a large house and seems to have a ton of storage. Of course most of our stuff is still in boxes in the garage waiting to get unpacked. It doesn't happen so fast with these two crazy munchkins running around in an un-baby-proofed house yet. On a super big positive note, we got our sweet Laney-girl back with us. We are so happy to have her home. I think she has been quite spoiled at Nana & Pop Pop's house the last few months. Emerald keeps hugging her and saying "I love you Laney-girl". Calvin also enjoys saying "dog" each time she comes around. It is too sweet.

Special note to the sweet family from Texas who sent the beatiful clock--Thank you! What incredible craftsmanship. Your card made me cry and I miss you guys even more. I have always loved your girls and now I will think of them each time I see the gorgeous clock. You guys are awesome!

I'd like to wish a Happy Birthday to Nana, Jessie, Great-Grandpa, Lisa, Aunt Carmen, and Andrea in the upcoming weeks. Know you are thought of.

No comments: